Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Happy Together + Cut File Tutorial

Hello everyone.  Heather Leopard is here today with a layout using the new Graphic Chevron Background 2.  I love a great background cut file and this one did not disappoint.



I modified this file just slightly by removing 5 of the graphic chevrons - 2 were completely removed and 3 were replaced with a cut out for the photos.


 To get the perfect fit, I printed my photos so that the parts I wanted would show through.  Then I placed them under the cardstock and moved them around until I liked where they were.  Then I placed the piece that was cut out over the photo.  Then...


I pulled the photo with the cut out piece and cut around it, leaving ~1/4" border to add my liquid adhesive. That allowed me to get the perfect placement.



I added pattern paper to the back side of the cardstock in a very random order, filling some diamond chevron shapes completely while leaving so many others blank. I added my photos as well before adhering it all to a 2nd white cardstock background. I added my title and just a few embellishments to complete the layout.



Get this cut file here - Graphic Chevron Background 2


No comments: