Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Bushel and a Peck...

CHA 2016 Project 8 of 10



This is one of my favorite layouts that I created for CHA. I'm so excited to share it with you today!


What's black and white with pops of color all over?  This layout, that's what!  While I love the shapes of the Invisibles and how they can really dress up a project with the fun scallops, I focused more showing you how I've used it for the sole purpose as a fun see though pattern on your layout.


To create this layout, I thought about my title and photo first and determined how much space I would need to a long title with some larger alphas wrapped around each of the circles. I also had to take into account that I would need to trim the white background around the edges so it would fit inside the black and white pattern paper border. Once I had those measurements, I cut three different sized circles using my die cut machine and then stitched the Invisibles to the back of the cuts. The title is a combo of Tiny Text alphas, letters from the chipboard icons and sticker alphas.  By mixing my alphas, I was able to fit a rather long quote on the page without overwhelming the layout and it really added some nice variety to make it more pleasing to the eye.  One thing I love so much about the Tiny Text Alphas is that you can add a longer title, you can add a sub-title or you can even use it in your journaling.



Supplies: Invisibles: Amorie, Click!, Click!, Chit Chat; Let's Go! collection: Tourist Spot, Perfect Weather, Borders 12x12 Papers, Treasures & Text, Paper Pieces, Chipboard Icons; Tiny Text Alphabet Stickers: Black; Amorie Alphabet Chipboard: Blueberry; Bella Bows: Blueberry; Enamel Dots: Blueberry, Milk White, Ice, Oreo Black; Enamel DooDads: McIntosh, Ice

2 comments:

Chocoscrapaholic said...

Absolutely awesome layout! I have some of the Invisibles and drew a blank on how to use them. Now I need some Tiny Text alphas!

Tracey said...

Love this!! What a gorgeous page and I love the titlework!!