Thursday, January 22, 2015

I Choose You (and Gossamer Blue)

Hi, everyone.  It's Heather and for this month's Pattern Play I thought it'd be fun to get a little artsy.  I snapped this photo of my hubby enjoying some wine in a little bistro on our recent trip to Paris.  It's one of those random shots that I just love and brings me back to that moment in the little cafe that we frequented a lot during our stay in the neighborhood.
 


I knew I wanted to paint and I knew I wanted to include a quote so the first thing I did was cut a super sized quote out of white cardstock.  I chose to exclude the words "choose you" from cutting it out of the cardstock.  I cut those separately from cardstock that I had painted on with water colors. I made the watercolors by diluting some mists with water.
 

I colored redish/pink on one sheet of white cardstock and bronze on another piece of white cardstock.
 
 
I ended up not using the pink cuts and cut a couple of words out of the pink flower paper.
 

I backed the white cardstock with the words cut out with a colorful floral pattern.
 

Next, I painted around the edges and around the cut-out words.
 

I added the photo with minimal embellishments in the corner to complete the layout.
 

This was a bit of an experiment for me but it was a ton of fun and I'll definitely do it again. This only thing I think I did wrong was adding the watercolor under the last sentence.  I'm not really loving how it looks.  Maybe I should extend it up or down or something.  

Supplies: January 2015 Main kit, Main add-on, Main add-on 2, Life Pages kit

6 comments:

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Totally drooling over this layout!

Diana Waite said...

WONDERFUL title--and seriously INSPIRING experiment! LOVE it!

Rhonda said...

This is spectacular Heather!! Love every detail!! :o)

Chocoscrapaholic said...

I LOVE this layout!

Kimberly Kett said...

This is such a cool layout, love it!!

Gina Lideros said...

Loving all that watercolor goodness!