Monday, July 7, 2014

Summer Fun

Summer Fun | Simple Stories Good Day Sunshine collection
 
I'm happy to say that the sun is shining and the pools and beaches are packed, which means summer is well underway.  

We spend a lot of time in the water during these hot Texas summer days so I thought I'd scrap this photo of my oldest in her water gear - goggles, braid and swim suit. Does it get any better than this?!?!


As I was looking through the papers to find my background, I decided to go a different route and use a strip from the 3x4 Elements paper. I found the perfect cards, cut them out, folded up the edges and stitched them to the rainbow background paper. 
 

I adore the banner stickers and I decided to simply line them across the top of the page and top it with the beautiful cloud paper.
 

The journaling is hidden in the little blue insert card at the top of the photo. Although the 3x4 cards have fun sentiments on them, I added a larger title at the bottom of the page. I love the large yellow chipboard dot. It helps being a definite end to the title statement, like a super-sized period.
 
I hope you are having a fantastic summer (or had a great one if yours just wrapped up).  As for us, we'll be in the pool (with a trip or two to the beach mixed on here and there) for the next couple of months so I'm hoarding this collection so we can scrap our memories.
 
Care Free 12x12 Paper #5805
Blue Skies12x12 Paper #5804
3x4 Journaling Card Elements12x12 Paper #5810
Fundamentals Cardstock Stickers #5802
Chipboard Stickers #5828
6x6 Paper Pad #5822
Enamel Dots #5831
Decorative Brads #5827
Bit & Pieces #5829

6 comments:

Nicole Nowosad said...

Love this Heather! ! Miss you :)

Chocoscrapaholic said...

Love this!! Makes me want to swim!!

Linda said...

So cute! I forget to use the Simple Stories cards on my pages and not just in the page protector slots. Thanks for the reminder to change things up once in a while.

ALINE said...

Beautiful layout... I loved it!

Diana Waite said...

GREAT layout--love the ombre affect and that you used it for a fun summery layout!

Unknown said...

Oh definitely, this page is summer! Love that woodgrain paper.