Thursday, October 24, 2013

Playground Fun

You may have seen this layout on the PageMaps blog but I wanted to share some details here.  I created this layout showing a typical day at the park for us, using the Lily Bee Design Sweet Shoppe collection. My girls are here, there and everywhere on the swings, slides, bridges and more.

How to: I trimmed my inside pattern papers just slightly smaller than the other so that I could distress the top layer and show the flowers under it.  I framed them with the green hello paper and then stitched it all together.
I tucked some sticker labels, under the stitched section prior to stitching and then topped it with chipboard and a brad.
I cut strips of pattern paper into banners and layered them over the new background paper, some extending from the right edge and some extending from the left edge but all showing through on each side of my photo, which I framed with the floral paper and softened with vellum. I added a simple title and a sub-title using labels, alphas and chipboard and plenty of embellishments to complete the story.

Thanks for stopping by today. Now go on a get crafty!

8 comments:

Diana Fisher said...

Cute layout! Love it.

Laurel said...

I love all the layers and bits to this!

Katrina Hunt said...

Uh, you rocked it again!!! I love it! Hugs, Katrina

Gina Lideros said...

Love the stitched border on this Heather!

Catherine said...

I really like the layering and the crinkled edges of your papers.

Unknown said...

Great combo of colours and use of circular elements!

Leslie Germain said...

Love the colors in this layout. So pretty!

Diana Waite said...

what a sweet colorful layout!