Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Overjoyed with Matchbox Twenty

This past January, my hubby treated me to one of the best birthday gifts evah! You may or may not know this but I am a HUGE fan of Rob Thomas and Matchbox Twenty. I may or may not travel cross-country to attend a concert and I may or may not look them up to see if they are in town while I'm on a business trip, which has worked out quite nicely a few times in the past. Well, after a brief, slightly risky encounter with Rob at a NYC airport a few years ago (yes, I walked up and started a conversation with him), I got to meet the entire band this year. I was excited and nervous and just so freakin’ OVERJOYED, which also happens to be the name of one of their songs from the new NORTH album.

OMG, how rad is that photo?!?!?

The Basic Grey Hipster collection was a perfect line for this rockin’ layout. To create the layout, I wrote out some of the lyrics to the song, Overjoyed. That word summed up my feelings about meeting them and attending the intimate little concert at The Majestic in San Antonio. I adhered the striped paper at an angle for added interest.


I laid the garland at the top of the layout and a #found20 in the corner. Lastly, I layered paper and embellishments under the photo. I was going for a cleaner edgy layout. I mean I was hanging with rock stars for goodness sake. It’s definitely a moment I’ll never forget.

If you've been living under a rock and haven't heard of them, check out the links to their websites, which I posted above.  If you ever have a chance to see them live, they are AMAZING in concert! The storytelling is so fun, Rob's voice is amazballs and the music is incredible! Here's a few music videos of just a few of my favorite songs:

And so many more like Shame, Unwell, 3 A.M. oh so many

Fave cover songs:
1979 - iTune Originals

Have you ever had a fun brush with fame or run into someone you've always wanted to meet? Leave me a comment telling me who you’d love to meet or have had a chance to meet. I’d love to know.


Thanks for stopping by today. Now go on and get crafty!

13 comments:

LauraEva said...

Oh wow!! Lucky, lucky you! I've been a fan of M20 from the beginning! great music! LOVE that layout---you did a marvelous job!

LauraEva said...

Dang--hit publish before I was finish! I met Martin Scorsese and Donald Sutherland in the bakery I was working at many years ago, in Montreal. Mr Scorsese is too cute (and short!!!)and was filming Gangs of New York there .Mr. Sutherland is really, really tall!!! Like really tall! Both were very nice!

Paige Taylor Evans said...

So totally cool that you got to meet Matchbox 20! My favorite song of theirs is PUSH. Love it.

Ashley Horton said...

Awesome layout and photo, Heather!! So fun to meet your dream celebrities! I hung out with the band Bush (Gavin Rossdale, especially, who I was in LOVE with forever) at one of their concerts in Florida. Unfortunately, it was in 1999, before the camera phones and I didn't get any photos, just the autographs from the band members. It was so fun!

Diana Fernandez said...

Omg I quite often look them up when I'm going to another town as well! I was lucky enough to live in Orlando in the early 2000's and went to lots of mb20 concerts at hard rock or HOB! Yeah for you!

Nicole Nowosad said...

That is pretty cool!!! I once met Samuel Jackson when I wa in Vegas !! That was pretty cool!!

Melissa D. said...

No brushes with the stars but I love your layout! What a great opportunity!

Madeline said...

Great page! So cool that you were able to get a photo. I saw them in concert one time in New Orleans...way back when they released their first single, Long Day!

Pam said...

How cool is that! Love your layout.! I got to meet Garth Brooks about 14 years ago. Wow that was a long time ago. LOL And Keith Urban. I've gone to CMA Music Fest several times and met a bunch of country stars.

I had a chance to meet Kenny Wallace. (NASCAR driver) and didn't take advantage of it and I've been kicking myself ever since. I love Kenny.

Lynn said...

WHAT!!! You are soooo lucky!!!! MB20 is my fav! Just seen them on August 26th!! I also seen Rob Thomas in concert November 2009. They are awesome!
The closest I came to them was sitting in the same restaurant in August. We were about 3 tables away! So exciting!! I tried to sneak in some photos without them noticing but didn't get a good shot. Ha! Too shy to approach them ;)
My fav Rob Thomas song is Something To Be.
My fav MB20 song is How Far We've Come.
Thanks for sharing your fabulous layout!!

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum said...

That's cool that you got to meet them. Cute page too.

Diana Waite said...

how seriously COOL is this? LOVE it Heather!!

Katrina Hunt said...

SERIOUSLY??? YOU WALKED UP TO ROB?! You lucky lucky girl!!! Green here as I am sure you know!! Hugs, Katrina