Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Beautiful Little Butterfly

We surprised our girls with a trip to Galveston over Memorial Day weekend. I suggested to my hubby that we spend a day at Moody Gardens and he went even further and planned an impromptu overnight. We got to enjoy 3 full days exploring a tropical rainforest, aquarium, water park, Dinosaurs, several IMAX movies and a very crowded beach.

Anywho, we saw many wonderful things in the rainforest, including a sloth, one of Reese's favorite animals (thanks, Dora the Explorer). I'm sure I'll scrap that another time. There were butterflies flying all around us and you had to be extra careful where you stepped.  I snapped this photo of my daughter checking out a butterfly who was feasting on some fruit.
I used American Crafts Dear Lizzy Neapolitan to create this layout. 
I choose to focus the photo on my daughter watching the butterfly but I also wanted to include a close-up so we could see just how pretty the butterfly was. I printed it in a smaller circle and just popped it up over the photo.

I just couldn't resist cutting all the butterflies out with my cameo. Oh my, what a job that was to put them in the perfect pattern but not identical pattern. Plus I didn't want any two solid cut or multiple cut butterflies to be next to each other.

I hope you enjoy this as much as I enjoyed making it. I put a lot of time into it, which just makes it all the more special to me and I can't wait for my daughter to see it.

Thanks for stopping by today! Now go on and get crafty!

9 comments:

Isbaha said...

Your page is gorgeous !

beckyjune said...

This is so, so pretty, Heather, with all of those butterflies!

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Loooooooove this!

Dictionary said...

WOW!, that must have taken a while to do all those butterflies, but totally worth it..fab!

Journals for Life: Andrea said...

So neat! I love butterflies and what a PERFECT way to use them. I love it!

Pam said...

Beautiful layout ! Moody Gardens is on my bucket list. we had a trip to Galveston all planned a year or so again and something came up and cancelled it.

Penny said...

OMG, you can sew great, I would have never been able to keep those butterflies straight! Penny

Diana Waite said...

this my friend is a STUNNER of a layout--LOVE all those butterflies, just AWESOME!!

Ashley Horton said...

Beautiful Heather, and awesome work with those butterflies!! Love that cute photo of your girlie!