Friday, January 6, 2012

My Girl...and Her Dog

This month marks the end of my term on the Birds of a Feather design team.  It was great to be on Amy's inaugural team and the decision not to reapply was a hard one but I love the community over there so I'm not going anywhere.  If you've never seen her kits you should definitely check them out.  And this coming design team is sure to inspire you!

Here's a a couple of the layouts I've made from this kit. 
Supplies: Bo Bunny Double Dot "Chiffon Journal" and "Shitake", Authentique Gathering "Harmony", "Together", "Grow", "Bloom", Classic Type Alphas Item #SCC002; Making Memories “Paper Reverie Brun Antique” Lacy Stripe Artisan Die-cut paper; Kaiser Craft Fozz Fontz "Fonzo Alphabet Set" in Teal; Color-Me-Crazy Velvet Butterflies (misted bonny blue); Creative Impressions Twill - Caramel; Not in Kit - ADORNit Buckaroo alphas; Studio Calico Mr Huey Mists in 3 colors: Orchard, Pony, Bonny Blue; misc brown thread, Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro, Zig Marker .5 mm Black

The photo above was actually taken while my hubby and daughter were playing around.  We were on the hayride at the Pumpkin Patch and she was making crazy faces and he would just reach the camera out and click, not knowing if he was even getting her in the shot.  Most of them came out blurry but there were a few jewels in there.  This was one of them.

This next layout is of the day we met our new dog, Spot.  I was dead-set on adopting a dog that needed rescuing. I really owe the awareness of the importance of adoption to Pets Alive in NY, of which my favorite singer/songwriter, Rob Thomas and his wife, Marisol (and her family) support through volunteer work as well as through their Sidewalk Angels Foundation. I started following their Tweets (PA & SWA) and get their emails and it really took my heart.  So back to Spot, we found her on PetFinder.com.  We immediately fell in love with her (look at that face) and hoped that she was still available and also that she'd be a good fit for us. I love it that so many organizations post their animals (of all types) to it and you can look at most of those that are available for adoption and it takes you directly to the rescue facility. Spot came from Twyla's Friends and she was 7 months old when we got her.  She's such a wonderful little pup. She's a mix but I found lots of full bred babies and adult dogs (they need a home too) so the next time you are looking at adding a new "furr-ever" family member, please consider adopting!!!! Thanks for reading through my PSA!
Pin It
Supplies: Authentique Gathering "Harmony", "Together", "Grow", "Bloom", Classic Type Alphas Item #SCC002; Bo Bunny Double Dot "Shitake"; Kaiser Craft Fozz Fontz "Fonzo Alphabet Set" in Chocolate; Studio Calico Classic Calico Chip Shapes Assortment~Butterflies, Studio Calico "Classic Calico" Die-cut Cardstock Pieces - Tags; FabScraps Die-Cut Chipboard Embellishment – Fleur Frame; Clearsnap Smooch Pearlized Ink – Ocean Soul; Creative Impressions Twill - Caramel; Not in Kit - ADORNit Buckaroo alphas; Studio Calico Mr Huey Mists in Piglet & Orchard; My Little Shoebox small alphas pink(?), misc button; misc pink thread, Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro, Zig Marker .5 mm Chocolate



So apparently I was in a banner type state of mind when I put these together.  I know banners have been around a while but they're still "in", especially if you can find clever ways to mix it up.

Thanks for stopping by today!

7 comments:

Diana Waite said...

Love the banners and picture on the first layout--GREAt work! And the second is just a lovely story, and how cute is SHE?! Love that you made a layout about it, my favorite picture is your daughter sitting in front of the crate--CUTE!

Rebecca Keppel said...

i LOVE the banners and the colors in the kit are scrumptious! I totally agree about adopting dogs. I always had dogs growing up and we always adopted from the shelter. I cant imagine "buying" a dog when so many need homes.

Carol W. said...

Beautiful layouts Heather! Love the banners and the colors TFS

June Houck said...

These are both gorgeous LOs, Heather. I especially like the photo in the first LO :)

Unknown said...

I'm happy banners are still "in" because they are so playful. You used them perfectly on your pages. The photo on the first layout is so fun. Nice job to your husband for catching that photo.

curlyqmosaics said...

Beautiful layouts! Love the juicy colors, so fun and bright!

Diana Fisher said...

Love the color on these pages, cute pics, and great banners on both of them. Love!! :)