Sunday, June 26, 2011

24/7 Mommy

I have 2 jobs...one that pays with a check every two weeks and one that pays in hugs and kisses!  They both give me attitude but somehow the latter of the two is sooooooo much more rewarding and of course my #1 priority. This week's challenge over at The Studio is to do a layout about something you dislike about your job. 

I just couldn't bring myself to scrap about things I dislike about my paying job as Sr. VP of Marketing for a small business but I really didn't want a layout about that!  So I switched to my job as wife and mommy. I thought about doing it about disciplining my children but I decided otherwise. I though about Mt. Laundry and how it seems impossible to reach the top of that mountain but it wasn't thrilling me. I could have chosen my absolute detest for cleaning bathrooms but to tell you the truth my hubby steps in and does all the things I hate to do around the house (he's such a great man!). Instead I chose to focus on the demands of being a mommy and how it's a 24/7. So my layout isn't necessarily a dislike for my role as mommy but rather how I don't mind being "on" 24/7 for my girls versus how I would feel if my paying job demanded me 24/7.  Luckily I have the best of both worlds because I work from home so it's quite flexible and I can also be there for my kids at all their school activities, getting on and off the bus, etc!
Supplies: Crate Paper Portrait Collection: Pearls paper (both sides), Something Blue Paper (both sides and one sign misted from orange to pink), Bouquet paper, 6x12 Cardstock Stickers - Border stickers and Phrase stickers, Eclectic buttons, ruler, Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro, .05 black pen, black/white twine, CTMH Hollyhock ink.

Make sure to head over to The Studio to see what the other DT gals did and to play along with us!

6 comments:

Amanda Johnson said...

Beautiful layout! Love your journaling and couldn"t agree more! :)

Unknown said...

Brilliant and beautiful!

Rebecca Keppel said...

love the fussy cut flowers--so pretty!

Erin Bassett said...

Love this layout! The look of the journaling (& what it says) rocks!

Diana Waite said...

LOVE how you chose the positive side of life and made a BEAUTIFUL layout, I especially like the picture of you and your girls, GREAT job! :)

curlyqmosaics said...

This is a super precious layout, and I love the way you did the journaling. So playful! :)