Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Wah! I'm Officially Mommy to a 1st Grader

Today is my first baby's last day of Kindergarten.  I cannot believe how fast this year has gone by.  I remember prepping her for Meet the Teacher and bawling as the bus pulled away on the first day.  In a couple of hours I will be seeing her get off that bus for the summer!  I was the Homeroom Mom for her class so I've been working hard to put together a a class gift.  I was able to raise enough money to get her teacher a $150 gift card and then I made a personal gift from Rheagan, but included other drawings from her classmates.  Rheagan's school has been celebrating "20 Years and Still Rockin'" so I based the project off the Rocker theme. 


The Card
This is a 6x6 card I made using CTMH "You Rock" Stamp Set and a little bling for the crown. The card is actually red, which you can see peeking through the middle. I distressed the edges with ink to give it a rocker feel.

The Clipboard
I used an oversized clipboard from CTMH. I applied ink to the edges in a somewhat erratic fashion because I wanted it to have a distressed look.  I used a notebook paper punch I got at Archivers since it's for a school teacher.  I then hand stamped, doodled and colored the "You Rock" portion.  I then modge podged over it all.  I love how it gave the ink an even more distressed look!  I applied the ribbon and bling to the clipboard while the modge podge was still wet to ensure it wouldn't budge. I really wanted to decorate the handle but I saw how some of her other clipboards in the classroom are and as much as I feel it needs some flair at the top I made the executive decision to keep it as-is so that the clipboard will look better in the long run.

No comments: