Wednesday, March 3, 2010

It's Sketchy Thursday

time!!!  It's been a 2 weeks since I've submitted a Sketchy Thursday layout but I still have the sketches and will be doing them on my weekend crop in April.  Anywho, here's this week's sketch and my take on it. 




This sketch was so fun.  I hand cut the little colored bears to match the ones in Reese's shirt and then used eyelets for eyes and brads for the nose.  I haven't used eyelets in years I think.  Can you tell that the pink nose is not a brad?  I didn't have one so I cut a circle in the right shade of pink and applied liquid glass to it to get it a slight shine.  I'll replace it if I ever get another pink brad.  I also highlighted the lemon wedge journal by outlining it with buttons.  Lastly, I sewed green felt and handcut/sewed the lemon wedges to the layout.  Oh and I found "Lemon" font that I cut out with my Craft ROBO for the title.  I really love how this one turned out.


2 comments:

Audrey Yeager said...

omg Heather this is SOOO Cute! I love all the ways you experimented with things on this page!!! Those bears are so cute and love the lemon wedge. The colors are perfect, too!

Unknown said...

Thanks Audrey. I had a blast with this page. I love challenging & pushing myself.